The Shepherd’s WHEELS transportation service is provided for senior citizens (60+) who live independently within Greensboro city limits and are unable to drive or have limited access to transportation. All drivers are volunteers who share their time, cars and gas in order to help.
- Rider will be picked up at home by one of our volunteers and returned home after errands are finished.
- Shopping can only be done at our approved list of destination sites that include banks/credit unions, utility payment sites, grocery stores, food banks, drug stores, post office, etc.
- Seniors needing a photo ID may also call for transportation; an appointment at DMV is required.
- There is a maximum time limit of two hours with no more than three stops per trip. Riders may have two trips per month.
- Request must be called in 7-10 days ahead of date when the ride is needed.
- Rider must be able make the calls to the office and to receive confirmation calls.
- Rides are provided within Greensboro city limits.
- While canes and walkers may be accommodated with the rider, we cannot transport wheelchairs.
Please call the SCG office to discuss basic eligibility and to be placed on our waiting list for application.
note: Every effort is made to secure a driver for each ride requested, but rides cannot be “guaranteed” since they are based on availability of volunteer drivers.