Adventures In Learning is a program designed to enrich the lives and learning of older adults. Based on the national Shepherd’s Center learning model, our local AIL is a key program for seniors seeking new ideas, perspectives, subjects they want to learn, and or skills they’d like to develop. The programs are designed for seniors by a committee comprised of senior participants. Subjects and instructors will vary with each semester, but the quality and content are highly rated by our participants.
The WINTER session of classes offers a large number of classes for one flat fee…it’s a deal! There are now three days of Zoom (since we cancelled in-person classes), beginning on 1/18/22 (click here)
Share this link to classes with a Friend. It’s easy to join us and we welcome people from any location to join our great virtual classes.
A Few Basic Facts About AIL:
- There are typically three semesters/sessions each year during the Winter, Spring and Autumn
- During the past year and planned in the months ahead, we converted the classes to the Zoom platform for in-person, interactive learning hours.
- Our full semesters are held with 3 classes on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, 9:30 or 11:30 am and at 2:00 pm.
- Each semester has the same fee for 9+ classes as the fee we used for in-person 3-clasws sessions, that’s just $45 for 6 weeks.
- All instructors are volunteers, sharing their time and knowledge with us. Many are retired professors, community professionals, or experienced crafts people.
- There is time for fellowship and we welcome you to meet other active seniors who enjoy learning.
- When was the last time you studied Ancient Rome, Mysterious Murder cases, Health & Science Updates, History, Astronomy, Exploring Sciences, Contemporary Art, or Issues in Current Events? Have you thought of exploring genealogy, making fresh cheeses at home, or writing/understanding poetry?
” I am impressed with the variety of offerings, the pricing, the level of expertise of the presenters, and the camaraderie of the students. The Zoom facilitators know their way around the online classrooms and make everyone feel welcome.”
We invite you to review one of our past recorded zoom sessions or just jump in and register for a future semester. It’s an experience that hundreds of people are enjoying in the comfort and safety of home. If you want to see what we do, send a quick email to Sandy (email@example.com) and she’ll send you a link to a recorded session.